BLOOD DONORS NEEDED!
Veterinary transfusion medicine has undergone tremendous growth in recent years. Patients that are being treated for trauma or those requiring surgery may depend on blood transfusions for survival. CKVC has performed many blood transfusions with great success. Blood transfusions are most often administered to treat profound anemia. They may also be indicated in cases of rat poison ingestion, clotting disorders and other conditions. Because of increased demand for blood products, we are asking clients to consider volunteering their pet for our Blood Donor Program. Our donors must be selected and meet the following criteria:
- Between 2 and 8 years of age.
- Dogs must be at least 50 pounds, spayed/neutered, never have been pregnant.
- Cats must be at least 8 pounds, spayed/neutered, and never have been pregnant.
- Must not be taking medications except for heartworm and flea prevention.
- Annual complete blood count and chemistry profile should be obtained.
- Dogs and cats must be screened for tick and heartworm disease.
- Cats must be indoor only and be screened for Feline Leukemia, FIV and Haemobartonella.
- Must be current on vaccinations, heartworm prevention and flea prevention.
Visit Us at Our Conveniently Located Facilities
Central Kansas Veterinary Center
Central Kansas Veterinary Clinic